Announce: Streams version 2023-04-29 release
"The best fediverse server you've never heard of". https://codeberg.org/streams/streams
Upgrade instructions: Visit your admin page and click 'Update'.
Some of the things I've been working on this cycle:
- Fediverse Identity Manager (in progress, ~70% complete).
- Remove unused Group Notification preference setting. These notifications are already present in your stream notifications.
- Fixed post/comment backfilling so new connections arrive with some posts and context.
- Bug: Manually deleted posts now stay deleted and don't come back. Automatically expired posts will come back if they are later updated.
- Redirect successful remotely authenticated visitors to the Apps page instead of returning to the login page.
- Fixed a couple of postgres specific issues which surfaced now that more people are using that database engine.
- Issues with automatically hyperlinking "naked URLs" in text after recent re-organisation of multicode priority.
- Fixed a few obscure multicode conflicts due to markdown getting processed before HTML and bbcode.
- Fixed display issue of oembed links over ActivityPub (does not affect Nomad).
- Fixed exception which occurred if the (optional) imageMagick package wasn't installed. This should degrade gracefully.
- Worked through a few issues which prevented connecting with topics on lemmy. This is ongoing as that project has unique interpretations of some of the official specifications.
- Activity id element was misconfigured for Events, which made these difficult to search.
- Added DNS (sub-domain) discovery for actors per FEP-612d
- Fix rounding errors which allowed some poll results to add up to slightly more than 100%
- Re-factored video imports from personal cloud storage so the video will not be embedded twice.
- Fixed an obscure issue where people with a comma in their display name had messed up notifications.
- Site search now returns a page with 'permission denied' rather than a white screen if you lack permission to search this site.
- Fixed regression introduced in last release where some HTTP signatures would fail if the keyId contained query parameters
When safe online spaces are outlawed, only outlaws will have safe online spaces.